Matcha Pancakes [轻轻松松的早餐]

Pancake_Matcha_2

Pancake is going to be on our breakfast menu for awhile from now on. The so called Pancake Project (PP) is now on in My Kitchen. I am trying out some pancake recipes so J (2y8m) would not get bored with it. I always made pikelets for him, he could snack on them throughout the day.

These pancakes were light and fluffy (轻轻松松 also means relaxing or easy in Mandarin), and about one centimeter in thickness. I thought they were quite thick but T was not satisfied with the thickness. Really hard to please the old boy sometimes. Let's see what I can do, the PP is still on.

Pancake_Matcha_1

Photographing pancake is really challenging for me. I had to work quickly before honey being absorbed by the pancakes, says less than 10 seconds after honey is drizzled over. Further more, I had only one "model" no chance to re-shoot after that.

Pancake_Matcha_3

Ingredients (makes 4 servings):
160ml Fresh / Full Cream Milk
20ml White Vinegar
20g Butter, melted
1 Medium Egg, lightly beaten
150g All-purpose Flour, sifted
60g Sugar
10g Milk Powder
1 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Salt
1 tbsp Matcha Powder

Methods:

  1. Mix milk with vinegar and set aside for about five minutes to make sour milk.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, bring together all dry ingredients.
  3. Make a well in the center then pour in egg, sour milk and melted butter. Mix until no more lumps.
  4. Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat and grease with cooking oil lightly. Sprinkle some water in the pan to bring the heat down a little.
  5. Transfer about ¼ cup of batter onto the pan, cook on medium heat until bubbles start to appear. Flip over and cook till lightly browned.
  6. Served warm with fruits and honey or maple syrup.

Comments

  1. It sounds like I can just use buttermilk in USA instead of milk and vinegar.
    I think I will add the Matcha Powder to my buttermilk pancake recipe may do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good and your accompanying rabbits are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matcha pancakes... What a clever idea. I love matcha and would pu tit in everything. NOt only is it so tasty but also sooooo good for you! These look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judy,
    Yes, you can use buttermilk. It is hard to find buttermilk in here so I often use substitute.

    Blessed Homemaker,
    Thanks. I tot my boy would like it (apple) but when I asked him "what is that" he simply replied "apple" and tried very hard to peel the "ears" off. Lols... so I guess I did not had to spend time to deco the plate for him.

    Joudie,
    Thanks for the compliment. I like to use matcha for its colour and natural essence in baking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by.
Have a wonderful day ☆彡
(Comment with an ads link will be deleted.)